Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Retrospective: Cold Wars WAB Tournament, 11-12 March 2011 (Postscript)

John B, our tournament organizer, had added an additional layer of historical fun to this event: the armies had been divided into armies of “Good” (aka ‘Armies of Christendom’), and armies of “Evil” (aka not).  The armies of “Evil” ended up with an impressive total, edging out the armies of “Good”, and spelling (at least temporary) doom for the forces of the White Christ.

How the pagan polytheistic Romans of the era of Spartacus ended up on the side of “Good” is anyone’s guess, but I suppose that’s just Classical bias for you.

It turns out that in my third game of the Singles tournament, against Duncan’s Romans, I had been playing for the Best General.  I thus wasn’t at all surprised that Duncan was crowned Best General of Cold Wars 2011 (at least, in the Warhammer Ancients tournament); a well-deserved victory for a masterful gamer and a very sharp guy.

Far more surprising was discovering that I had won an award, as well:


Put simply, of all the prizes and tournament awards I’ve won, I think this is the one I’m proudest of.  I even love the awesomely silly high-five emblem.

No comments:

Post a Comment